REGENHU-SWITZERLAND-3DBIOPRINTING-SimonMacKenzie-CEO-003

Simon MacKenzie, 49 years old and a UK citizen, has a wealth of experience in biotech and medtech. For more than 19 years, Dr. MacKenzie held senior positions in strategic business development in the domains of pharma, drug discovery, biotech and research, and has published several scientific papers.

In recent years he led his consulting firm, advising startups on expansion and growth strategies. Dr. MacKenzie has a PhD in Biochemistry from the University of Dundee and completed two industrial collaborative post-docs in inflammatory, oncology and metabolic disease.

Simon MacKenzie succeeds outgoing CEO Marc Thurner who co-founded the company and who played an instrumental part in creating and shaping the business. Mr. Thurner leaves REGENHU to pursue other interests.

REGENHU President of the Board of Directors Christophe Fragnière: “I thank Marc Thurner for his important contributions to the company and wish him the best of success for the future. The Board is confident that Simon MacKenzie is ideally suited to explore the extraordinary growth potential the global market has to offer.”

Nivalis Group CEO Nicolas Corsi: “I look forward to working with Simon MacKenzie who brings to REGENHU the perfect mix of scientific knowledge, strategic insight and business acumen. His passion for creating value from novel technologies and his entrepreneurial mindset will accelerate REGENHU’s journey in becoming the world’s preeminent player in the Life Sciences industry.”

Simon MacKenzie: “I am honored and excited with the opportunity to join REGENHU, who is considered a true pioneer and innovator in a market in its infancy. I look forward to working with the ambitious and passionate team that is driven to enhance our unique technology and to create exceptional value for our clients, partners, and stakeholders. Together we will continue to grow the business into a global leader shaping the biotechnology industry.”